PRIVACY AND POLICY
Information Collected from All Visitors to our Website
- from that data; or
- from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access, but does not include aggregate anonymised data.
Additional Personal Information that May be Collected
- Silvester Legal may collect and process:
- Personally identifiable information, such as:
- Your e-mail address, name, and phone number when you contact us;
- Details contained in the relevant document that you key in when you use our Services. These details may include your name, mobile number, email, the purpose of your query, and details about your query; (“Personal Information”);
- Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, the information may include your address, nationality, gender, date of birth, marital status, photographs and other audio-visual information, employment information and financial information such as credit card numbers, debit card numbers or bank account information.
- Information about your computer hardware and software when you use our Website. The information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used by Silvester Legal for the operation of the Services, to maintain quality of the Services, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the www.silvesterlegal.com Website.
- Personally identifiable information, such as:
Use of Personal Information
- Silvester Legal uses the collected information for any or all of the following purposes:
- To operate the Website and deliver the Services;
- To verify your identity;
- To process, and where necessary, respond to your application, enquiry or request;
- To manage our relationship with you;
- To gather client feedback;
- To inform or update you of other products or services available from Silvester Legal and its affiliates, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To monitor, improve and administer the Website and Services, and to provide general statistics regarding user of the Website;
- To update you on changes to the Website and Services;
- To comply with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
- To transmit to any unaffiliated third parties including our third party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad for the aforementioned purposes;
- To contact you in relation to all of the above;
- Any other purposes for which you have provided the information.
- We may disclose your personal data:
- Where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods or services requested by you; o
- To third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions listed in clause 6 above for us.
- The Purposes listed above may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter.
Non-disclosure of Personal Information
- Silvester Legal does not sell, rent, lease, or release your Personal Information to unauthorised third parties. In addition, Silvester Legal may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or provide customer support. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Silvester Legal, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Information.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- Silvester Legal will disclose or share your Personal Information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that any such action is necessary to: (a) comply with any legal requirements or comply with legal process served on Silvester Legal or the Website; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Silvester Legal; and (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of www.silvesterlegal.com, or the general public.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties: (a) in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; and (b) if www.silvesterlegal.com or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- The Website uses “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to the memory or hard drive of a visitor’s computer for record-keeping purposes. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
- Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to access all or parts of our Website or to fully experience the interactive features of our Website.
Security Of Your Personal Information
- We strive to maintain the safety of your Personal Information by taking commercially reasonable precautions to keep all information obtained from our online visitors secure against unauthorised access (e.g. data breach) and use and we also periodically review our security measures. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Unfortunately, no internet-based service is completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Withdrawal of Consent
- The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop using, collecting, processing and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upon receipt of your written request or email to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within a reasonable time frame of not less than ten (10) business days of receiving it.
- Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause 16 above.
- Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclosure without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
Access to and Correction of Personal Data
- Subject to the exceptions referred to in Section 21(2) of PDPA, you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you wish to make an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, you may submit your request via email to us at email@example.com.
- We want to ensure that your Personal Information is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that you have provided to Silvester Legal changes, for example if you change your email address, name or contact number, please let us know the updated details by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
- We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
- We reserve the right to access and disclose your personal information where we believe this is permissible or necessary to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, to operate its systems properly or to protect itself or its users.
Accuracy of Personal Data
- We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). By submitting any personal data about yourself, you represent and warrant to us that the information is true and current to the best of your knowledge. In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by emailing us at email@example.com.
Retention of Personal Data
- We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted to by applicable laws. We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
- By using our services, you consent to that information being hosted on servers located in Singapore. The information stored with us remains within our control at all times.
Transfer of Personal Data outside of Singapore
- We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
Data Protection Officer
- You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures; or if you wish to make any request, at:
Telephone number: 6224 2214
Address: 1 North Bridge Road, #14-10 High Street Centre, Singapore 179094
Links to Other Websites
Updates to this Policy