Director & Head of Corporate Legal
Bachelor of Laws (Hons) – National University of Singapore
Tenacious, Diligent, Indefatigable
I have a high level of expertise spanning Civil and Criminal Litigation and corporate work. Called to the Singapore Bar in 2002, I handled complex company litigation working under the tutelage of Mr Davinder Singh, Senior Counsel, for more than four years.
In recent years, I have specialised in corporate law with a focus on Commercial Dispute Resolution and Cross-Border Corporate arenas. This has assisted me in advising companies and drafting complex agreements to meet my clients’ needs.
My job as the Head of Corporate at Silvester Legal is to minimise your risk and maximise your upside with watertight agreements that protect your interests.
Area of Expertise
Representative Case Experience
High Value Commercial and Corporate Litigation
- Assisted Senior Counsel in representing an Indonesian multi-million conglomerate in the then largest debt restructuring in the world (estimated USD 16 billion) and related US securities action, bondholders’ litigation and class action litigation in jurisdictions including Indonesia, Singapore, New York, California, various other parts of the US, Canada, and Bermuda.
- Assisted Senior Counsel in successfully arguing for a dismissal of a defamation case brought by a former opposition member against two former Prime Ministers.
- Assisted Senior Counsel in a breach of contract case brought by SEMAC, the largest waste company in Singapore at the time against a recycling company.
Since 2019, advised and commenced claims for several director/shareholder clients based on minority oppression, all of which were settled favourably for the clients.
- Case-management for large-scale small debt collection for a UK MNC.
Business Advisory, Transactions & Commercial Agreements
- Regular external general counsel for a large Australian biopharmaceutical firm, advising on a variety of corporate matters.
- Worked on a variety of Indonesian cross border corporate transactional work, including Joint venture agreements and termination agreements; Corporate restructuring to bring MNC structures in line with Indonesian laws and regulations; Legal due diligence and M&A work.
- IPO work such as providing Indonesian legal opinion for IPO purposes and reviewing and amending prospectus for listing on HKSE;
- Advising a multimillion-dollar Indian tech firm on ESOP and transfer of their IP worth USD 15 million.
- Advising and designing custom multi-modal Systems Integrator agreements for a multimillion-dollar technology company.
- Advising and drafting of employment agreements for various multi-national corporations (MNCs).
- Regularly advising SMEs and drafting Website Terms of Service and Privacy Policies, including assisting several SMEs with their Software as a Medical Device (“SAMD”) needs.
Appointments & Memberships
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member of the Singapore Institute of Arbitrators (MSIArb)
Awards & Recognitions
- Represented NUS in 4th year of NUS Law. Champion Mooter bringing back the trophy in International Maritime Arbitration Moots
17 January 2022Business Advisory & Contract Review
21 September 2021Business Advisory & Corporate Matters
18 March 2021Civil Litigation
July 2021Probate Matters